Red Wormy Thangs

They are about 1/4 - 3/8 inch long and appear to have a head as if they will
turn into a beetle later. They have taken all the green spot algae and
created little green tunnels on the plant leaves. I suppose this is a
metamorphosing  stage. There must be several dozen. I haven't added any fish
yet, which is why they are having a free ride so far. What are these things
about to turn into? Some godawful creature that will strangle me in my
sleep? A flying pest that will eat the cat? Dunno.......

Tom Wood
Austin, Texas, ya'll