Re: japonica

hmmm . . . i don't think Mr. Takashi likes to gnaw on cuttlebone all that
much tho LOL . . .

amano shrimp ime tend to jump, but they don't crawl all that often . . .
when the water is cycling (i have no idea why you leave them in there) or
when you have poor water conditions, especially if you treat with copper
meds . . . they WILL commit suicide in droves . . .

i have 80 in my 70g . . . and i only see at most 10 at a time . . . they
tend to come out en masse about 9pm, tho . . .

over here in singapore, we get them for 50 cents SGD ea . . . guess the
airfreight charges do accumulate :) . . .

DEA

>Cuttlebone (as used for caged birds,
>weighted as veggies, done with rubber band and rock) works
>fine for snails, but I don't know if Amano's mouthparts are
>strong enough for this material.
>
> >Are these shrimp inclined to "crawl" out?
>
>Absolutely.  Don't take any chances.
>
> >Also, I have
> >seen three at a time, however normally only one - are
> >they reclusive?
>
>Mostly nocturnal.  They usually only come out if the
>pickings (algae) are slim.  I have 15, but rarely see
>more than 2 at a time.
>
> >These shrimp cost $3.59 at a LFS
>
>Whoah!  You're getting ripped off big time.  That's
>about double what I paid for mine.  I've even seen
>them for as little as 1.29
>
>Later, Cavan

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!