C. japonica

Another shrimp question - I recently added 8 C. japonica to a heavily
planted 75.  The tank has an enclosed hood, however is open at the
back.  Are these shrimp inclined to "crawl" out?  I did find the remains
of one on the floor within 24 hrs. of putting in tank.  Also, I have
seen three at a time, however normally only one - are they reclusive?
Seems to me I remember reading something about that a while ago.  These
shrimp cost $3.59 at a LFS - some of the postings talk about adding
seemingly large numbers of them - is this price in / out of line with
your experience?

Thanks,
Jay Reeves