Re: Marc Weiss "carbonator" product

I knew there'd be a flood of responses on this subject, so I initially chose
to abstain. I just have to "piggy- back" on Chuck's remarks, though...

Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:20:34 -0700
From: Chuck Gadd

> ...the complete BS that's written on that page about CO2
> injection offends me...

Among the various snippets you presented, there's an interesting tidbit that
jumped in my face even on his Web page:

> "If you want more CO2 why not add more fish?...Then
> install some benign carbonaceous rocks to absorb
> the excess CO2? This is not a secret among commercial
> fish farmers."

Evidently, he's not aware of the chemistry involved in getting those
carbonaceous rocks to "absorb the excess CO2". Or just how "benign" those
same rocks are to his acidic blackwater tanks.

> ...those same fishes and shrimp aren't raised
> in Marc Weiss snake oil water, that I'm sure of.
>
> Overall, this article is total marketing BS...

and thinly- veiled scare tactics.

I'm thinkin' that a better name for his line would be "XXX-Vitallis" (a
little dab'll do ya, a little dab'll do ya)...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com

PS to Ivo -

I haven't forgotten you - just "trying" a couple of things before responding
further on the sand situation...

-Y-