Spray bar?

Hello fellow aquatic gardeners I have yet another filter question for you
all.  I am going to get a silent one pump in the next week or so that I
will be using for the return on my wet/dry filter.  For the return I would
like to use a spray bar.  While I can figure out how to basically make the
spray bar there are a few specifics I am not sure about ,which are what
size pipe should I use between the pump and the spray bar and what
type/size of pipe should i use for the spray bar.
thanks for all of your help
		  Chris