Sand (was RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #823)

Hello Ivo:

You mentioned that you are planning to install substrate cables.  Might I
inquire what cables you are thinking of using?  I too would like to use
cables in my upcoming new 50 gal tank (I started small with a laterite
based, CO2 augmented 7 gal).  However, the commercially available models all
seem to require compromises.

No cables that I can find are low voltage; all are 120V.  I believe (I may
be wrong) that a low votage model would be safer.

Pet Warehouse carries a grounded (three prong) model but does not appear to
come with a thermostat.  M3's can be fitted with a thermostat but I cannot
tell whether it is a 3 pronger.

Can you share what you have discovered?

TIA
Chin See Ming