Re: Very small tank and CF lighting

Depends on the plants you wish to grow.  I'm sure you could grow Java moss,
Java fern, Anubias just fine.  I have a similar tank with this type of bulb,
however I believe it is rated at 20W or so, equivalent to 75W incandescent,
spectrum around 5000K also.  It is planted with a Java moss foreground (tied
to flat rocks), Anacharis, and a baby Ozelot sword which interestingly has
remained a healthy baby for many months now despite my intent to just let it
grow out a bit in there.  I also have one large (relatively) black rock and
several tiny driftwood branches randomly stacked.  A nice, natural,
Amano-like scene.  An Otocinclus and baby American-Flag Fish keep it in good
shape.  One of my favorite tanks :)

Mike Grace