Re: Very small tank and CF lighting

I have had good luck with a similar size tank (2.5g) with a similar amount
of light (an 8 watt T5 tube). I am only using T5 lamps on those tanks,
although most of the CF lights are T5 size tubes too and I would assume
produce similar light output per unit of tube length. I am using 5000K lamps.

I am growing only non-demanding plants in the tanks though -- hornwort and
java fern mostly. The hornwort is *very* happy, but it's not too hard to
keep hornwort happy :-)

BTW, when figuring watts/gallon use the actual wattage of the lamp (9w) and
NOT the "equivalent" wattage.

         -Bill