Newbie with Q's?

Hey everybody.

I have been a lurker to this list for a while, and I am finally getting a
tank set up.  I thought I would post my plans for anybody to critique, and I
have a couple of specific questions to ask at the end.

I plan on setting up a 30 gallon long tank.  I plan to use a 175W metal
halide suspended above the tank to allow the plants to grow emersed.  Right
now, the bulb will be 4300K.  When replaced, it will be changed to a 5500K.
This lighting setup will be used because I already have most of the
components in my "junk box".

Substrate will be laterite and sand. Filtration will be a small canister
filter, probably a Marineland 220.

I plan on DIY'ing a CO2 system.  This is the area where I could use the most
advice.  I plan on using a Harbor Freight regulator on a welding CO2 tank.
As of this writing, their page is down, but the link I have for the
regulator is:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=5325

Is this regulator appropriate for the situation?  Would I need any adapters?
  I would like to set this up as an automated system and would like to use
the Milwaukee controller pictured at:

http://www.spectrapure.com/quality_p1.htm

(TSSMS125 pH/ORP Controller)
Is this a reliable unit?  Does it include the probe and calibrating
solutions?  I will also need a needle valve, a solenoid, and a check valve.
Any suggestions, preferably reasonably priced?  I am willing to spend money
on reliable equipment, but I like to buy groceries, too  :)

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me through this mental ramble, and thanks
in advance for any comments/critiques you care to pass on.

Sincerely,
David Zitnik