Ideal Ca an Mg levels?

Hello,
Are there any recommendations for optimal Ca and Mg levels for a Heavily
planted tank with 175w of MH lighting and Co2 injection? Also, what are the
best kits to measure these? ( Lamotte, Hach, Seachem etc.?) I see kits
advertised in mags. like pet warehouse but the always seem to be associated
in the saltwater equipment stuff. I'm afraid there wont be instructions
inside giving optimum levels for freshwater planted tanks, only saltwater
relevant info. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Michael