Re: Arcane labelling

> Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:47:54 -0500 (EST)
> From: Paul Sears <psears at nrn1_NRCan.gc.ca>
> Subject: Re: Arcane labelling
>
> > From: "Roger S. Miller" <rgrmill at rt66_com>
> > Subject: Re: Equilibrium, Ca and Mg levels
> >
> > On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Greg Morin (of SeaChem, makers of Flourite) wrote:
> >
> > > Check that label again ;-) It says to raise GH by 1 _meq/L_ add
> > > 15g/10 gallons. 1 meq/L is about 3 dH, so you aimed for 3 meq/L which
> > > is 9 dH (which is what your test showed).
> >
> > Since you're printing new labels for Equilibrium anyway, you could take
> > this opportunity to rewrite the instructions with units that are a
> > little less arcane than meq/l.  It might prevent some confusion.
>
>         I think you would have to try pretty hard to beat the whole GH/KH
> mess for being arcane!  It would be a good idea perhaps to give _both_
> now, with a view to moving to meq/L later.

I for one applaud Seachem's move to sensible units of measure!! Perhaps
my ranting about the ridiculousness of the measure of chemical
concentrations being based upon laundry peculiarities, has had some
effect!
--
Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Visit "Steve's Aquatic Page"      http://home.infinet.net/teban/