DIY CO2 Doh!

I have to share my unexpected near-disaster:
I used some fishing line to tie riccia to a flat rock in my 75g plant tank.  For a few weeks it grew as a little bush and looked great, then ambulia shoots and busy fish made it start to come loose.  I wasn't too worried and figured I would clean it up whenever and try something else.
I have my CO2 line plugged into a hole in the intake tube on a powerhead.  The loose riccia bits got stuck in the grille on the bottom of the tube and cut off the flow.   So, the the powerhead's pull transferred to the CO2 line, and collapsed my two 3 liter plastic bottle DIY reactors.  Fortunately I caught it before too much gunk got in the tank, but it was quite disturbing to come home and find the crushed bottles.
Bill