Re: CO2 injection line-ups (was Aquatic plants blah we know already blah)

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Stephen Boulet wrote:

> How about adding another possibility:
>
> Bottle + Reg + Needle Valve + Glass diffuser
> - - -----------------------------
> PRO simple, not intrusive in tank, self-contained
> CON none known   ;)

Having tried this myself, I can state:

CON injection rate still not particularly adjustable, and still not super
efficient.  And because of the double flow restriction (needle +
diffusor), I found it's difficult to make adjustments to the needle valve
once the diffuser is installed (the feedback takes on the order of an
hour). It's better than NOT having the needle valve, but still not as good
as using a true reactor system downline.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com