Re: Nesaea sp.

>Subject: Nesaea crassicaulis
>
>All,
>
>Ok, I give.  What's the trick for success with this plant??? Mine just sits
>there!! :O(

This is a difficult plant.  Period.  More difficult than even Red cabomba.
Ever since I got this plant in, its required massive amounts of light
before it will send out new leaves.  It is non-competitive for nutrients so
I would not put this plant under conditions where it must compete for food
w/ other more aggessive sp such as Rotala macaranda.

I MUCH prefer Rotala macaranda to the Nesaea sp. in terms of its beauty and
relative ease of growth.  Rotala magenta has a similar growth form to
Nesaea but is far more competitive.

Destroy Blue Green "Algae":
http://floridadriftwood.com/nocyano.htm