[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Shocking submersible pump

I put a new Rena Flow 80 submersible pump I bought thru
Pet Warehouse into operation tonight.  When I put my hand
into the tank to re-arrange some plants I got a shock.

Funny thing though, it is a 120VAC pump, and I got a low
voltage DC shock.  Instead of a buzzing sensation and
ventricular fibrillation, I got a sharp pain in my fingertip,
at the point where I had a small wound.  The rest of my
hand didn't feel anything, the fish were fine, and the GFCI
didn't blow.

I'm using three of these pumps in other tanks without any

Anybody know why I'm still alive?