tinfoil barbs

> Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:08:53 -0500
> From: "Matt" <marius1 at gate_net>
> Subject: Re: tinfoil barbs, speaking of which...
>  Anyone ever see a13 inch tinfoil barb?  I have heard
> they are plant eaters, but I havn't seen any evidence >
> one way or another.  And does anyone know if they >
>  are smaller fish friendly?

I have!  A LFS here had one back in teh summer that
was SO BIG.  i just stopped and stared.  wow.  it was
at least a foot long.  and likewise tall, and wow.  I had to
go to the tank of little tinfoil barbs and back again to the
big one. yep, same fish.  Dear lord.  and i cam close to
buying soem without knowing HOW BIG they get.
helped teach me about research.
    i don't know about plants, but I'd say if they do eat
them, that big fella coul sure take out a lot of plants!
-Chrys

//Chrys Amy Dean|Vrondi on IRC|Fax:(520)244-8663
"Every tool is a weapon, if you hold it right." ~ Ani DiFranco