Re: Hydra

> Just noticed one of my tanks has come down with a substantial case of hydra.
>  I read around before posting, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on
>  either how to rid of them, or even if it's really necessary. Any thoughts?

Hydra are only a threat to small fry, not adult fish.  You don't necessarily
have to do anything about them.  Still, I don't like them one bit.  If you
drop a couple of hungry Gouramis in the tank and don't feed them, the Hydra
will be gone in short order.  If you prefer a chemical solution, Clout will
kill them.