Salt tolerance of plants

Hello,

I have started keeping livebearers in my 75 gallon
plant tank because I like seeing all the babies
enjoying themselves among the plants. Anyway, several
of them (mostly guppies)were not doing so well since
there was not any salt in the water (at least that was
what I have been attributing it to). I started adding
some salt to the water and they seem to be much
better. I added it in at a rate of 1 tablespoon per 10
gallons which brought my TDS up to about 500 from
about 150). Most recommendations I have seen are for 1
tablespoon per 5 gallons (which brings the TDS to
around 1400). I have mostly Java fern, Anubias and a
few crypts. How much salt can these plants tolerate?

Craig