Re: Water changes, and dying fish?

> Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:58:18 -0500
> From: "Matt"

> ...I did a water change last night, and it seems like every
> time I do a water change and general cleanup, it's like
> a roll of the dice...
>  I am...adjusting the PH with PH Up and down...
> It seems that if there is going to be a problem with the
> water, it usually happens around thirty minutes after I
> do a water change.  The fish start stressing, pumping
> their gills and sometimes dart around and lose coordination...
> If anyone would be so kind as to tell me what the
> problem is here, and why it only happens half the time...

Would that be the "half-times" you use pH Up, or the "half-times" you use pH
Down?

Considering the size of the loss and the frequency of occurrence, do you
suppose it *might* be possible to provide enough information to at least
forward a _guess_? Here, you don't even tell us why *you* believe it's
necessary to use pH Up *and* down...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com

...although I'm *quite* sure some guesses are forthcoming anyway...