MTS

> I was under the impression that MTS (Malaysian Trumpet Snails) burrowed > >
into the substrate
> and kept it from getting compacted, thus assisting root growth.  Correct?

Correct.  What was confusing was that you said you wanted Malaysian Trumpet
Snails, but all you get on your plants are the  "lousy trumpet snails."  I
can't think of what you might have already other than Malaysian Trumpet
Snails.  In other words, you already have them, so wouldn't need to look for
more.