Re: light bulb and tannins

> From: "Daniel A. Segel" <dsegel at pacbell_net>
> Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 09:36:09 -0800
>
> I don't understand this reasoning. When people suggest a certain # of
> watts/gallon they're making the recommendation based on brightness, not
> power consumption. So if these bulbs really do put out the same brightness
> as a 75-Watt bulb, why would you only consider them a 20-Watt bulb for
> overall lighting calculations?

Because they are claiming to be as bright as a 75W incandescent lamp.
If you look at the lamp lumen ratings, you will generally see that they
are lying, and the lamp is really a little brighter than a 60W light
bulb.  Or maybe they are as bright as a long-life 130V 75W lamp when
operated at 120V.

Compare the lumen ratings of the 20W twisty lamp to a 20W fluorescent
and a 75W flourescent (that would generally be a 8 foot linear lamp) and
you will see what I'm talking about.

Best regards,
Bob

"Ooooh... They have the Internet on computers now"
--Homer Simpson