Re: light bulb and tannins

At 03:48 PM 01/19/2001 -0500, Richard R also writes:
>Scott, they mean brightness 75watt of Incandescent light bulb while it uses
>only 20watts. It's only to compare. So you use the 20watt number.
>Bob, you don't have to discount anything. Number of Watts has nothing to do
>with output of the light bulb.
>It is like this : P = U x I ( P= V x I in Canada ), Power = Voltage x Current

I don't understand this reasoning. When people suggest a certain # of
watts/gallon they're making the recommendation based on brightness, not
power consumption. So if these bulbs really do put out the same brightness
as a 75-Watt bulb, why would you only consider them a 20-Watt bulb for
overall lighting calculations?

Daniel Segel

--
"Being humble is why I'm a great person."
Daniel A. Segel