Re: plecos in planted tanks

Not a good idea I think.  At least not the "clown
pekoltia" types.  They will damage sword plant leaves.
I don't have experience with the bristle nose plecos.

If I remember correctly, many of the larger types you
mention will eat plants.  Also, consider that you may
never see them in a densely planted aquarium.

If you're primarily interested in algae control,
Caridina japonica shrimp are very effective.  I
recommend them highly.  They keep my tank spotless.

For more info, go to www.planetcatfish.com
This may be helpful.

Later, Cavan.