Re: VHO Lights & T.V.

If you try K9AUB's suggestions and are still having problems I have a few
other things to try. Sounds like K9AUB has had to do some TVI diagnostics
before (greetings from 8-land, BTW :-)

You can try putting aluminum window screen around the ballast (be SURE it
doesn't short out any terminals or wires though), and then connect it to
the ground (green) wire in a 3-wire power cord. If you have a 2-wire cord
now, you can get a 3-wire cord from just about any hardware store. You can
usually save some money by getting a molded cord-and-plug assembly or an
extension cord (and cut off the receptacle end) over buying a seperate plug
and some wire. You should look for 105º rated wire for flourscents. Some
people have also had some luck by placing a grounded piece of metal near
the tubes along their length. This is easy to do if you have a metal
reflector, but window screen would work as well. If neither of these do it,
then changes are a solution is going to be pretty complicated.

BTW, many supposed "noise filters" aren't really any good. The best I've
used is the Tripp-Lite IsoBar strips, followed by the APC SurgeArrest
"network". Both units are expensive ($50 or so), but they are much better
at filtering out noise than the cheap units.

         -Bill