Cool "Honeycomb" Algae

I was collecting some daphnia in a small drying-up
pond and found a lot of some neat net-like algae. It
was in pretty large sheets (maybe 8 inches squared)
and under the microscope each cell made up one side of
a hexagon and they were all connected into a big net.
I was wondering if anyone knew what this was and if it
may have some place in an aquarium? I don't really
want to go adding algae to my tank on purpose, but
this stuff was really beautiful and would probably
look good in an aquarium. Any thoughts?

Craig Welch