Flourish Iron and white precipitate

Hi all,

I have a heavily planted 55 gallon tank which has been quite successful and
I have many plants growing well. I have been using DIY CO2 which is
measuring about 14ppm according to the pH/KH table and the Dupla continuous
CO2 test always indicates my CO2 is OK.

My tap water has a KH of 2 according to the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals test
kit and my pH is around 6.6. I have been adding Seachem Flourish weekly and
adding Flourish Iron daily. The iron levels seem OK according to the Dupla
Fe test kit.

I just got a new bottle of Flourish Iron (with the "new" packaging label)
and it appears to be slightly different to the older type. The liquid is a
bit paler in color than the old stuff I used but the characteristic smell is
the same.

What is happening now though is when I add the Flourish Iron to the tank it
starts to turn "milky" in the water after a couple of seconds as if it is
precipitating somehow or reacting with something in the water. This never
used to happen.

Does anyone have any ideas what this cloudiness could be? Is it bad?

--

Rob Keniger

big bang solutions

<mailto:rob at bigbang_net.au>