Re: Dupla

I have Dupla CABLES, but to buy a Dupla transformer seems to me to be
ridiculous. Just think for a moment about the costs of importing
something REALLY heavy like a transformer, and then think about how much
cheaper it would be to get a locally produced one. A transformer is a
transformer. I don't have a current price for a Dupla one but in 1995
the price was 25,000 pesetas (about 100 pounds or $150). I have just
bought a transformer from another supplier at the same specs. and it
cost me 6,890 ptas (27.50 pounds or $41.34). And that is for a
transformer which has been specifically tested for applications it hot,
damp, vibratory conditions.
I have nothing against Dupla but you do need to be careful about which
bits you buy.
C:-)lin

>Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:51:18 -0500
>From: "Daphne Freeman" <daphne.freeman at home_com>
>Subject: Dupla is back

>Just wanted to let everyone know, Dupla is back in the States.  Got the
>contact info from Dupla this week.
>I talked to Cal today and he said they are bringing stuff in slowly but
it
>is coming.  Heating cables aren't there yet and I think they may
already be
>out of laterite.

>For the heating cables, they are working to get transformers and
controllers
>here.  They will have all of it for folks who don't want to go looking
for
>it...  Probably within next 6 weeks.

>Hawaiian Marine Import, Inc.
>Mr. Cal Adger
>1234 N Post Oak Rd., Suite 130
>Houston, TX 77055-7234
>U.S.A.

>Tel. 713/680-2227
>Fax 713/680-2212
>Order tel. 800/993-4346.

>Daphne in Atlanta who can hear George squealing all the way from
Colorado!