Re: CF bulbs

I have this same light (110W, 9325K) on my 38 gallon tank.  I bought it
because I found a good deal on it, too.  I have found it to be perfectly
fine, both for growing plants and tank aesthetics.  When the bulbs need
replacing, I plan on getting a lower Kelvin bulb.  No sense spending the
money now.  The tank has been running for less than 3 months.  As I went
through assorted algae outbreaks, I initially had some worries about the
high Kelvin light growing more algae than normal (there were some posting
about this in the archive).  I have finally cleared up my algae problems,
so I no longer think the color of the light had anything to do with
it.  Just took perseverance with manual removal, lots of water changes, and
finally 3 wonderful SAEs finished it off.  This is my first planted
tank.  I have noticed that some plants grow long and leggy.  I don't have
enough experience to know if this is normal, or related to the light color.

Andrea