Re: nuking BGA

Roger wrote:
> iron.  I suspect that BGA outbreaks in planted tanks might be more
> commonly associated with a shortage of something than with an excess of
> something.

Actually, the two are often just different ways of looking at the same thing.

An excess is only an excess because the plants aren't using it.

A shortage of Nitrogen will slow plant growth, often resulting in an excess
of phosphate.    If the nitrogen situation was improved, and the plants
starting growing faster, then the same amount of phosphate would no longer be
an excess.

Which came first, the shortage or the excess... :-)

--
Chuck Gadd