Re: Internode Length on Feathery Plants

Sounds very familiar :-) I've had cabomba for a long time now, and when I
used to use regular flourescents -- and not many of them either -- I would
get *very* leggy growth. After switching to 55w PCFs on the 20g tanks I
have the cabomba in I see about a 70-80% reduction in distance between
nodes. Probably about 1/4" to 1/2" distance between nodes now, depending on
the plant and postion (they tend to be denser near the surface). Water
chemistry does make a difference too, and I find that when I'm not
fertilizing enough I get leggier plant growth. No CO2 in the cabomba tanks
either so that I can get the fish to fit ;-)

I keep the water about 78º F with *very* little water movement. The bed is
regular gravel dosed with Seachem's flourish tabs.

I will be setting up a new 125g soon with MH lighting and an all-flourite
gravel bed and plan to try some cabomba in it. It will be one of the
"starter" plants.

         -Bill