Re: Diffuser Bubble Size

>Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:08:40 -0500
>From: "chuckmiro" <chuckmiro at wdn_com>
>
>Regarding dissolved oxygen, is a micro bubbler more effective than a
>standard bubbler? It seems to me that larger bubbles would create more
>agitation at the water/air interface. But perhaps smaller bubbles have more
>surface area per same volume of air?

The effect of air stones is more to disturb the surface and create
circulation than to diffuse air from the bubbles. The bubbles don't stay
under water long enough to do much good.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (booth at frii dot com)
The web site for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/