Re: DIY CO2 Optimization Question

>Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 05:35:50 -0800 (PST)
>From: Brett Agostini <brett_h_2000 at yahoo_com>

>I'm running DIY C02 in a moderately-to-heavily planted 90 gallon.  Setup is
three
>bottles, in sequence.  As you would expect in a tank this size, I'm having
difficulty getting
>my C02 levels up to where I'd like them.  I'm looking for ideas to optimize
>diffusion/absorption.
>
>Methods ...

You might try a counter-current type reactor. Water is forced down a tube by
a power head while CO2 bubbles up from the bottom. Plenty of contact time
for diffusion. There is a description of one in the CO2 section of my web
site. A local LFS was using one on a 175g tank it it worked great.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (booth at frii dot com)
The web site for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/