5lb. CO2: How long should it last?

I have a dual gauge single stage regulator bubbling CO2 into a sintered
glass diffuser.  I have the flow turned down to 6-8 bubbles per minute into
a 20 gallon tank running at about 10-12lbs of pressure through a metering
valve (marine monsters).

My question is this, How long should a 5 lb tank last.  My don't seen to
last more than about 3 months, although I have tested for leaks by spraying
the set-up with soapy water.  I suppose the expense is  not killing me, and
the tank is doing fantastically well, but the consumption seems excessive.

Thanks,

Peter
In sunny, but not so warm SW Florida