DIY CO2 Optimization Question

Hello!
Long time lurker, first time poster.  Just want to say keep up the good work and I'm a huge
fan of the show.

Anyway, I'm running DIY C02 in a moderately-to-heavily planted 90 gallon.  Setup is three
bottles, in sequence.  As you would expect in a tank this size, I'm having difficulty getting
my C02 levels up to where I'd like them.  I'm looking for ideas to optimize
diffusion/absorption.

Methods I've tried include a bell diffuser, running tubing into a hole in base filter sponger
(filter is AC500), and running tubing into venturi inlet of a small powerhead.  Some are
marginally better than others, but none seem to get levels above 7-8 ppm, when I'd rather be
seeing 15-20 ppm.

At this point, a "real" CO2 system is financially infeasible, so I'm looking for the "better
mousetrap" to get my current system diffused into the water column.  Thanks in Advance.

Brett
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."