New Tank

I am setting up my first plant tank. I am going to use
flourite as a substrate with no UGF,or heater cables.
I was wondering how deep to make the substrate.

I am also using a DIY CO2 system. Should I turn it on
as soon as plants are added? Or wait a bit till the
plants are established?

Lastly, when should I begin addind fertilizer and what
types? I saw the recipe for PPMD but I would rather
just buy it off the shelf at this point... Maybe after
a while I will make my own... Thanks in advance.

Greg