Re: heating cable sources

>Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 08:57:06 -0500
>From: "Daphne Freeman" <daphne.freeman at home_com>
>
>I am looking for a set to go in a 92 gallon tank.  According to George's
>website and my calculations, I think 100 Watts would be my best bet (150's
>aren't available and maybe 100's would stay on more anyway..).

According to an upcoming article in a popular magazine, the author (who I
know very well) would suggest going with 150 watt cables in your 92 g
aquarium if your tank water will be in the range of 76F and going with 200
watt cables if the water temp is above 80F.  That's what I would do.

> It appears the only options are:

One other option is DIY. Another APD-ite (who will chime in if he wants)
recently located and purchased a bulk quantity of Dupla-like low voltage
cable. He is working on the details as I write.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (booth at frii dot com)
The web site for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/