co2, eheim monitor unit

I installed an eheim co2 monitor and when adding the 4 drops of test fluid to
the 1 ml of tank water the color turned very dark green and has stayed for 48
hours. There aren't any instructions other than the box printing. The stick
on label indicates a greenish color to be excess co2. My green is very dark.
The tank is 75 gallon, 160 watts. Lots of rainbows, very healthy, I just tore
out most of the plants and re-landscaped adding new plants, medium plant
density. I bubble compressed co2 through a airstone (for oxygen dispensing,
very fine bubbles) and since I cannot count bubbles I thought I'd use the
monitor. The plants do not pearl, even after a water change.