Re: sand sizes

I have found that the sand in sand bags work best for me. I got them at
walmart for about 2$ for a 25lb bag...dont know if they have them where you
live but we have tons of the stuff here (midwest with a foot+ of snow on the
ground with more on the way)...anyway, its not a fine sand but at the same
time its not gravel size either...some bags have a general smaller size than
others do so if you can, open the thing and look at the sand inside it.  I
used 3 of those bags for my 75 gallon and it has worked wonderfully.  ( I
boiled mine in a huge pot on the stove for about an hour for each
"batch"...maybe a little too long for some and not long enough for
others)...the plants grow very well in the stuff and the siphon doesn't suck
up the pieces either like I have found with some of the finer sands.  Anyway
hope this helps!