Re: HydroLogix and algae

> Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 10:24:24 +0100
> From: "Davy Cleys" <davy.cleys at skynet_be>
> Subject: HydroLogix CO2 reactor
>
> > I haven't used the M3 Mixer but I have been using an external reactor from
> a company called Hydrologix ( mine is the HCO > 150E) for a couple of months
> now and love it! The Hydrologix unit looks similar, although more
> sophisticated. I doubt that > any reactor can be 100 % efficient but the
> Hydrologix unit appears to come as close as it gets and works extremely
> well. I > power it off the output of my Eheim 2226. I did a review on this
> at: http://www.cshore.com/luna/Fishpics/Misc.html
>
> Bob,
>
> Thanks for responding to my question. I read your review on the HydroLogix
> external CO2 reactor. This is indeed a product I am looking for. I have
> visited the HydroLogix web site, but there was no information on
> international orders (I live in Belgium). I've emailed the company and am
> awaiting their response.
>
> One last question, it seems to me that after using the HCO reactor for a
> while, some algae will start to collect inside the reactor... Can it be
> opened and cleaned? What about the plastic?
>
> Davy Cleys
> davy.cleys at skynet_be
Davy,
Yes...if enough light gets to the reactor I would assume that algae would start to grow. I have covered the clear reaction chamber to keep light ( after the novelty of watching it wore off!). The reactor can be taken apart for cleaning-the top has a gasket that keeps it sealed and there are thumb screws that can be removed to take the top off and the media can be removed for cleaning. Also the price of $119.00 on the site is incorrect..it is actually sold for $99.00 ( the HCO150E).
HTH,
Bob Buettner
In WINDY NW CT