Re: Flourite and Cories

    I also reject Flourite for my tanks for the reason of my corydoras's
health (barbels).  All my tanks have cories, and "everyone knows " to avoid
substrates with sharp edges for them.  I use Profile Clay Soil Conditioner,
and my fish are fine, as is plant growth.  Advantages to Profile are, as I
see it:  OK color, good plant growth, relatively even particle size, no sharp
edges, CHEAP.  Disadvantages are: not as pretty as Flourite, and LIGHT.  It
is much harder to plant a Profile tank than one with any other commonly
available substrate, esp. with bouyant plants or rough fish.  With my last
tank setup, I used Profile for the bottom of the substrate, mixed with
laterite, and regular aquarium gravel for the top.
    I would be interested to hear from people who use Flourite with happy,
healthy cories.