Re: sand w/ RFUGF

I run three 55s with dark gray basaltic sand over UGF.  I was running one of
them in reverse for a few months.  I haven't noticed any difference running
them either way.

A few points:

I don't rely on the UGF for particle filtration, because with sand it just
doesn't work very well.  I use a small powerhead with sponge filter for that
purpose.

A healthy population of trumpet snails keeps the sand loose.

One way I have used to inject CO2 is thru a tube run under the plate.  It
works very well, and when a large enough bubble builds up it errupts thru
the substrate or up a riser tube.

Barry

Everything about the freshwater tropical aquarium - http://www.fintrek.com/