Re: Plants Finally in Tank -- Pics

John Pflum wrote:
>A couple of days ago I finally got my shipment of plants and driftwood and
>got them into
>my first planted tank.  Everything seems to be going fine so far but I

[snip]

>I tossed some pictures up on my web site.  I would appreciate any/all
>comments/critiques/identifications.

Everything looks great, specially that driftwood! I wish I could find
driftwood that looks that great. Just a suggestion:

You might want to get more stem plants like that Ceratopteris thalictroides
and Ludwigia repens to suck up the nutrients so you don't get any algae
growth. You have quite a bit of rooted plants, like the swords, that won't
draw any nutrients from your water column. The main thing about a new tank
is not allowing the algae to get a foothold in your tank in the first place
so you want those stem plants sucking up the nutrients in the water column.

Don