Re: Can K2O replace K2SO4?

Hello Dennis,

K2O is NOT a item of commerce. In the fertilizer industry it is an
accepted method of expressing potassium content in a product.

What you probably have is a dried waste-stream or by-product that
contains potassium and God knows what else. It might be perfectly OK to
use as fertilizer, but before using it in a tank of fish I would test it
for toxicity (acute & long-term).

Many such by-products contain phenols, sulfides, and/or some other toxic
compounds -- not something one would want in a fish tank!

Best,

George