[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE:CO2 end of tank experiment
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: RE:CO2 end of tank experiment
- From: Wayne Martin <wamart at vaxxine_com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:42:28 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <200012130848.DAA04426 at actwin_com>
- References: <200012130848.DAA04426 at actwin_com>
>From: Dgrim62 at cs_com
>Subject: CO2 end of tank experiment.
> I have adjusted it up to where it was before the tank
>pressure dropped (1-2 bubbles/sec) by opening the needle valve a tiny bit. No
>problems so far. I have a spare 5# cylinder for these situations, and will
>switch tanks as soon as the 20# tank goes dry.
>I'll keep you posted if anything happens- good or bad.
I am running a similar set-up (125 gal tank, 5 lb. cylinder,
1-2 bubbles /min) . I am wondering how long your 5 lb. cylinder
lasts? My 5 lb.er was just installed and I don't know how long to
expect it to last. I was using a small 12 ounce cylinder that would
last almost 2 weeks at 1-2 bubbles /min. That works out to about 1
ounce/day. If I expand that to a 5 lb. cylinder that should last
around 80 days. Is this about right in your experience?
wamart at vaxxine_com