Fe consumtion, Secondary Co2 regulators

A bunch of questions:

Fe seems to be my limiting nutrient. I tested for chelated Fe yesterday
morning, and the reading was 0. I added 10 ml (the tank is 55 US gal.)
of Kent Marine Super Chelated Iron, and tested again a 1/2 hour later.
The reading was now .5 mg/l. This AM I test again, and I'm back down to
0. Can I really be using Fe this fast? And if so, can I keep adding
either Kent Freshwater Plant Supplement or the Super Chelated Iron
without building up other undesired elements? The rate I would have to
add to keep .5 mg/l or higher would far exceed the recommended dosage.
And is it OK to use the Kent Marine Super Iron? I was told so, but would
like a confirmation on this. And is there any way to slow release Fe
only into the column?

I have been trying the propane regulator as a secondary regulator on my
Co2 system, and it prevents tank dumps on my Gromberg system. The only
drawback is it won't open the nice metallic check valve I have, or a
cheaper one. Does anyone know of a source of easy opening check valves
rated for Co2? Or alternately, another second regulator choice that will
allow a greater output pressure? Bearing in mind I would like to be a
cheapskate.

Most of my plants have been getting holes in them, but overall growth is
good. I have plenty of snails, but after watching them carefully, I
don't see them actually vandalizing my plants. Micro nutrient
deficiency?

And, small worms about a cm long have appeared in my tank. They have an
"inch worm" like way of moving, are pink and pointy on both ends. Any
ideas who this is, and if they constitute a problem or not?

And a quick recommendation: I have been using a Radio Shack Plug'n'Power
timer/controller system for about a year now, and it has been great. For
those not familiar, this system looks like a digital clock, and will
switch appliances on and off in a timed sequence or manually. One plugs
the appliance that you want to control into a little control box, and
the controller communicates to these boxes via your house wiring. The
only issue I have found with it is that I have had to put my lights on a
relay slaved to the controller, as for some reason the lights flip on of
their own accord. I can only assume that the energy stored in the
ballast fools the controller.

TIA to all.

Jonathan Peakall