Yeast CO2 production rate (was: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #708)

   When I was using yeast to produce CO2, I also noticed a moderately
strong
temperature dependence to the production rate.  During the day, when the
house
temperature was higher, the bubble rate was higher.  At night, it was
lower.
This variability was even stronger when for a time the generator sat on
a sunny
windowsill.  Perhaps you could move your generator so that its
temperature
stays lower?
   I can't see how a little salt in your generator could hurt your
aquarium
plants, but don't know if it would partially quench the fermentation.
But it
seems easy enough to try.