Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #707

> Hello Don,
>
> Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 06:09:07 -0000
> From: "D0N Dee" <d0ndee at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Quick CO2 Cylinder Questions
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just some quick questions for those who use CO2 cylinders -
>
> 1)What size CO2 tank are you using?

1.5 liters

> 2)What aquarium size was the CO2 being injected into?

200 liters

> 3)What bubble rate were you injecting at?

30 bubbles/minute. This is valid only for my _actually_ case and it will
change sometimes. It depends from light, plants, water a.s.o. Important is,
to have a certain level of CO2, f.e. 20 mg/l CO2, and to adjust the bubble
rate so, that you get the expected CO2-level. Try to get the book: Hanns-J.
Krause, Handbuch Aquarientechnik, bede-Verlag, Germany. There is written a
lot of CO2 injekting, also relationships between bubble rates and g/day of
CO2.

> 4)How long did the CO2 tank last before you had it refilled?

I run the first filling now for 2,5 years, but I try to get a 10 liter
cylinder.

> Thank you in advance for your replies.

You are wellcome, best regards, Klaus.