Subject: metal halide electronic ballast

X10 uses a carrier current system that is pretty easy to filter out. I
suggest you try using an Isobar (surge strip made by Tripp Lite) or one of
the better grade of APC's SurgeArrest (i.e. not the personal). Both of
those units have filtering that should remove enough of the X10 signal to
prevent interferance to the ballasts.

Radio shack used to make a little thing they called an "AC Line Filter"
that they sold for TV's. It was really cheap and might work to get rid of
the X10 signal too.

     -Bill