What is this stuff?

I have the strangest algae I've ever seen growing in my tanks.  I wish
someone would tell me what it is and how to get rid of it.

The stuff is pale, actually looks white growing on the sides of the tank,
looks almost black growing on the leaves of plants.  It attaches at one base
point and then branches out into the water.  It is about 3/4 of an inch
long.  It seems to have a particular fondness for growing on crypts and java
fern and is hard to get off.  A few things that don't eat it are; whiptails,
bristlenose, Otocinclus, black mollies and green mollies.

Actually, it looks like a herd of tiny reindeer have shed their antlers in
my tanks.