threat algae?

seems like when i eradicate one strain of algae, another one rises.  my
newest strain of algae is a floating thread like type.  it looks like my
water is filled with little hairs or dust.  i thought at first that they
were nematodes but they were green and did not move.  any ideas of how to
control this?  has anyone had this type of algae before?  i started daily
water changes a few days ago, i'm not sure if its working yet.

-frank